Monday 18 May 2009

Bright Blues

I was awe struck when I saw this image featured on the cover of the Inside Out Decorating & Renovating Guide, so much so, that when I lent it to my sister I couldn't wait til she returned it so I bought another. It's as lush on this inside as it is on the outside - hence the name I guess. The 'fabrics' editorial starting on page 121 is absolutely incredible...crumbling walls, richly patterned tiles, a lace valance, light through sheer curtains, layered collections of blue ceramics, butterfly plates and single stems. Turn to page 142 for the 'paint' story inspired by a banquet of richly hued roses and hydrangeas, baby pears and ginger flowers, rosehips and quince. Divine.

Images by Damian Russell. Bathroom belongs to fashion visionary Matthew Williamson. Love that collage!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow, I love the colours in the first picture. If you have a short attention span, a blank wall is perfect for shuffling stuff around xoxo

Arianna Belle said...

I LOVE that rug in that first photograph!

Alice said...

hanging out for this issue on the shelves in NZ!