Thursday 4 June 2009

Together & Separate

Has anyone else noticed the trend of wrapping bouquets in black paper? I bought some dusty pink roses last week to take to a baby shower and was mortified when they were presented to me shrouded in black. Now that I'm used to it I can appreciate its effectiveness. These orchids, proteas, ruffled tulips and glossy green leaves came to me as a snugly wrapped bundle and I unwrapped them as one would unwrap a baby from its swaddling, admiring the long branches before cutting the string that bound them and separating each flower type into its own vessel. Ahh.
Props: Matthew Williamson designed Coke bottle, tse tse test tube vase.

7 comments:

Leish Bennett said...

I love this post Nic. I want mini test tubes....

xirimiri said...

at least there were not a black roses!!!^-^

Anonymous said...

hm, I love tulips! Gorgeous color!

Anonymous said...

that trend hasn't made it to park city, utah yet:)

Anonymous said...

Your posts are always so visually stunning. Tulips are my absolute favourites & these are particularly gorgeous!

Jackie said...

what kind of camera do you shoot with?

vanillalemoncake said...

oh wow that Mathew williamson bottle is absolutely fabulous!!! Do you have any idea where i can get one from? (I'm in the UK)

a gorgeous blog too!