Friday 18 December 2009

Peonies & Posing Women

Row 1: Peonies I have been waiting for all year are finally in my home. On the back of my door are my sketches, postcards and favourite images of the moment. You'll see in the last image that all the women, real or drawn, are in similar elegant positions.
Row 2: Oh hello beautiful.
Row 3: See my new top in the mirror - do you like? It's my favourite self portrait yet. Notice the pink hydrangeas and peonies in the background, full and alive and the pink gouache painted canvas sitting on my old analogue TV. Remember the flowers alive as in the next post they've joined the beautiful dead.

7 comments:

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

love your top! and those peonies are just gorgeous! have a lovely weekend!

Secondhand Stella said...

Your top looks very pretty and I love that mirror!

Katie said...

I love all of these photos. Your top looks so cute and festive, like sparkles and snowflakes. :) I'm a bit jealous of your peonies, my beau got me some and they have refused to open.

Rosalind said...

Love the mirror and Peonies are one of my favourites - so lucious

Vanilla Press said...

Love these photos, so inspiring & beautiful
x

Jaana said...

I love peonies too, lovely photos...Merry Christmas from Finland...where the snow covers everything...

Hellmans said...

Simply gorgeous, feminine and delicate! I love your mirror too. I'm very into my decorative mirrors . I have a gorgeous ornate mirror in my bedroom, oh and the bathroom! I'm thinking of purchasing some mirrored furniture to complete the look.