Monday 14 March 2011

More Apples

My favourite food in the whole wide world ever, is apples. When I moved to London I quickly discovered that fruit in London is nothing like it is here. Take for example, mangoes. In Australia, mangoes are bright orange and smell like heaven and sunshine and their juices drip down your chin and between your fingers. In London they're dull and dry. But apples, apples in London are crisp and cold and crunchy and there are so many varieties. It was there that I discovered Braeburns. Still my favourite followed by Pink Lady, Fuji, Royal Gala then Delicious. I grew up on Red Delicious and I loved them then. I'd have one every night after dinner for as long as I can remember. Now I have one everyday at 4pm, I crave one. In our household (no matter who I'm living with) when it comes to chatting about what to add to the shopping list, I always remember with surprise " Do you know what we need?"
"What?"
"More apples".

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I really want an apple right now :)

claire said...

Gotta love apples (and apple pies).. I'm a Granny Smith kinda girl x

anyaadores said...

Love apples, and my list is as yours - however wintertime only pink ladies suffice:! Great blog btw, I came across it on my daily blogtravels, and I adore what you do. I am your newest follower, can't wait to see what you do next:O) If you fancy, have a look at mine, maybe you like it too! Happy sunday.
A x
http://anyaadores.blogspot..com/

Tamuna said...

I'm an apple lover myself too, always have to have one or two as a snack.

xx
A Journey to Style

I Turner said...

Braeburn apples are delicious!

www.toindigo.blogsot.com

Tessa White said...

constantly on our list too...my kids eat them every day...two a day most days..better than lollies so I don't complain x

Melbourne Girl said...

I agree. Braeburn's are my fav too! Crisy with just a hint of tartness...perfection.
Lesley
x

Clocks All Around said...

Well the apples in London are crisp and cold and crunchy and there are so many varieties..Thanks

Danny DeMichele linkedin said...

Well apples have always been my favourate food.And apples in London are crisp and cold and crunchy a.d tasty too.....