Tuesday 3 March 2009

Newspaper Taxi

map of Australia & lace curtain behind the counter : a little shelf stacked with history

rustic food cover : gorgeous distressed pastel coffee table

poppies for grace papers in a wire tray

inside looking out

I had the pleasure of meeting Stef in her darling store - Newpaper Taxi - on Saturday. It took a couple of laps and much chatting to absorb the deliciousness in every little corner. She has maps and 3D biology posters that brought back that old school feeling. Old mirrors reflect vintage cutlery, swathes of lace spill onto distressed little tables and chairs, bowls of chandelier crystals, wire trays of writing paper, fragile bird cages and retro kitchen canisters are all there to be found. I wanted to take it all home with me! I'll post pics of my special little purchases tomorrow.

Walking back to my car with my shopping I came upon this perfect little house on the other side of Australia Street with its whole front room visible to the street. I'm not sure if it's a waiting room for the hairdresser next door or whether it's ever used (although it certainly looks loved) as it was in picture perfect condition, not a cushion out of place. I love how even the outline of the door mat is pale pink to match the window border. Green and pink - yum! Have a beautiful day.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

how pretty. I love that you posted on this so we could all see.

Kate Moore said...

Can't wait to visit myself.