Monday 31 August 2009

Happiness is Homemade / Handmade

I got to thinking how we touch one another's lives. A book recommendation, a shared recipe, notification of a local art exhibition, or perhaps even anothers' little piece of art hanging on a wall in our home. How many of us have a little piece of Pia's and Molly's hard work sitting in our homes? Their pages held in our hands. I wonder where in the world my postcards might be perched. It seems the relative anonymity of blogging, where many miles exit between us, is quite easily and often brought much closer to home.

11 comments:

Eryn red food colouring said...

very very true. this is the magic behind this new network that connects us. it isn't based on geographical location but rather where your heart lays.

Dionne said...

So true. Blogging makes this big world seem smaller. In a good way.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I was just saying to my husband this evening, "I have met so many wonderful and talented people through blogging"! And then I look around and see all their creative artistic talents placed throughout my home - I love it!

MICHELLE said...

Well said, honey. We all find comforts in the blog world that couldn't be repeated in the outside world. It's so touching.

leslie said...

true...I agree...so thoughtful.

RLMEnglish said...

I often wonder where little things I have sent out in the world have ended up. I like that when I participate in blog swaps I get to see a glimpse of how the things I have produced have creatively influenced other people. : )

Vanilla Press said...

What a beautiful blog! I am glad I came across it!
Jas

Amanda~Weekend Host said...

True, it's a wonderful platform that has created a much more immediate space for us to connect with others.

Jan said...

Well said, I love the inspiration and sharing thing, and your blog is a favourite. Your postcards divine.

Anonymous said...

your postcards are on my fridge! I am just waiting for the right moment to send them out :)

Dawn said...

I absolutely love your blog. Amazing photos. Yes....it is incredible how we can touch one anothers lives...but little things and big!
Thank you for sharing !!!