The lovely patient Ella wrote to me asking how to add the buttons like I have in the sidebar and although I'm no technical guru and I'm sure there's a better way to do it - this is the way I worked out and I'm more than happy to share it with you...So, I'm going to add a Wedding button to my blog and I'm going to take you with me.
- find an image and paste in PowerPoint, crop or resize to around 2cm x 7cm.
- to add text, draw a text box over the top of the picture and add text. Make sure the text box lines up/is the same size as the picture. fyi - I made my text boxes half height and filled them white and made them 60% transparent.
- now select the new button (including picture & text box) and cut it, then paste special as 'Picture'.
- right click each button and 'Save as Picture' as a PNG file.
- go into your blog and upload all the buttons into a post as normal. Once they are in the order you like, click each picture and add the matching hyperlink - to get this go to your blog and click the matching tag for your button, in this case "wedding" - copy the url then paste, just as you would a text link
- above 'Preview' there is the 'Compose' and 'Edit Html' tabs, in the Edit html tab is the coding you will need.
- copy the coding and go into the 'Design' part of your blog, add the HTML/Java Script Widget to your sidebar and paste in the copied script. If your buttons are too big resize them by editing the code (mine are 'Width 200px' and 'Height 65px').
Good luck! et Bon Weekend!