Sunday 30 August 2015

A Book Party


   



 


  

 


Another year, another simple party by a time poor mum. Rather than invest in flowers this year, we opted for much loved balloons ("boons"). Ivory, blush, peach, coral, grey. Colours inspired by the book Bonjour Camille. The flowers strung over the table were all I could find in my garden (they're probably weeds). I had the wonderfully talented illustrator and wordsmith, Mer Mag draw me a custom image and used it to make a mini book invitation. I cut out the same image and used it as a cake topper on one of the 2 cakes I made from 3 packet mixes. I threw an IKEA curtain over the fold-up table as a tablecloth, made a fruit salad covered with yoghurt, berries and honey; a green salad; graciously accepted the nannas contributions of sandwiches and cat cookies. I pulled our old cot out of the garage and this as used to hold gifts and handbags and Elsa wigs! We tied balloons onto it and each kid picked a colour and drew a face on their balloon. We brought down the kettle and sang Happy Birthday in the sunshine with cake and tea.

Supplier list
Balloons and '2' cake topper from The Party People
Illustration by Merrilee Liddard of Mer Mag (invitations were made by modifying the template mentioned below and printed on Canson paper (25 sheet packet) from Lincraft)
Fruit paper cups, napkins and checked dessert plates from Lark Store
Fruit paper plates, green striped straws and tassel horns from My Messy Room
Template for cat/houses used as lolly bags from Lucille Michieli
White pews and vintage school chairs used as kids table & chairs available for hire from me!

p.s. my sister also did a lovely post on her blog here

No comments: